- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 1 cup
- print/save recipe
There’s a good chance you already have everything you need to make this hearty hummus-like dip. Serve this spicy bean dip with crudités or corn chips, or use it as a spread in wraps.
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained (1½ cups)
- 1 wedge onion (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 small clove garlic
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a blender or food processor combine the first five ingredients (through garlic). Cover and blend until smooth. Season with salt; pulse to combine.
- Transfer hummus to a bowl. Stir in cilantro. Cover and chill until ready to serve.