- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained (1½ cups)
- 1 wedge onion (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 small clove garlic
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a blender or food processor combine the first five ingredients (through garlic). Cover and blend until smooth. Season with salt; pulse to combine.
- Transfer hummus to a bowl. Stir in cilantro. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.