- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 3 cups
Commonly paired with grilled foods, ensaladang pipino is a Filipino cucumber salad that brightens the flavor of whatever it’s served alongside. Cucumber, carrot, radish, and red onion soak in a tangy pickling liquid that’s enhanced with garlic and black pepper to deliver drool-worthy results. All you have to do is stick everything in a Mason jar and let it chill for several hours before topping your meal with the eye-catching nibbles. This recipe will keep up to one week when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
For more recipes that use pickled veggies, check out these tasty ideas:
- Quick-Pickled Japanese Cucumbers
- Tricolor Salad with Quick-Pickled Onions
- Forbidden Rice Bowl with Quick-Pickled Cabbage
- White Bean Wraps with Pickled Cucumber and Mint
By Cleodia Martinez,
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ of a medium carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ of a daikon radish, thinly sliced
- ¼ of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- In a large jar or glass bowl combine all ingredients. Add ½ cup water. Seal jar or tightly cover bowl. Chill at least 8 hours before serving.
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get delicious recipes, expert health advice, culinary tips and
special offers from Forks Over Knives and our curated partners.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.