- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 3 cups
Not into Brussels sprouts? This comforting side dish might just change your mind. First the sprouts are simmered in a savory, garlicky broth until just tender. Then they’re dressed with a rich and tangy cheese sauce. A hint of sweetness from sun-dried tomatoes rounds things out. This easy recipe comes together in just 15 minutes.
By Darshana Thacker,
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (4 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks (white parts only)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ to ½ cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 cup unsweetened, unflavored plant milk
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan cook Brussels sprouts, leeks, and garlic in vegetable broth over medium-low 10 minutes or until sprouts can be pierced with a fork, stirring occasionally. Do not overcook.
- In a bowl whisk together milk, flour, nutritional yeast, and mustard. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes. Add to Brussels sprouts. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until sprouts are coated and the sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.