- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 3 cups
- Print/save recipe
Roasting orange slices with pumpkin pie spice and a little sweetener turns them into a luscious indulgence that’s delicious served warm or at room temperature. Tart dried cranberries add bursts of extra fruitiness to the sweet citrus rounds and create a decorative finish that’s pleasing on the eye. The winter fruit and warming spices mean this dessert is best enjoyed during the colder months, but your taste buds will dance no matter what time of year you serve up this scrumptious recipe!
For more inspiration, check out these tasty ideas:
- 8 navel oranges
- 1 tablespoon date paste
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Squeeze the juice from two of the oranges into a small bowl (you should have ½ cup). Whisk date paste into juice. Pour juice mixture into a 1½-quart. baking dish.
- Using a small, sharp knife, cut off ends of the remaining six oranges. Stand each orange on a flat end on a cutting board. Working from top to bottom, cut away the peel and white pith. Cut each peeled orange into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Layer half of the orange slices in the baking dish. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon Of the pumpkin pie spice. Layer with the remaining orange slices and sprinkle with the remaining pumpkin pie spice.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly and oranges are softened. Sprinkle with dried cranberries.