- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 1 quart
Dig into this sweet treat that blends caramelized pineapple chunks with frozen bananas for an intensely delicious nice cream. The creamy, soft-serve texture perfectly highlights the notes of roasted tropical fruit and takes care of your dessert cravings without the unhealthy ingredients. For extra pineapple goodness, roast additional pineapple chunks to chop, chill, and sprinkle over the top. Bon appétit!
- 1 lb. fresh or thawed frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 cups frozen banana pieces (2 large bananas)
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened, unflavored plant-based milk
- Preheat broiler. Spread pineapple chunks on a large baking sheet and broil 5 to 8 minutes or until deeply browned on the edges, turning once or twice. Cool; transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze until solid.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor combine pineapple and banana pieces; pulse on low to medium-low until crumbly, stopping and scraping down sides once or twice. Add milk; blend continuously 30 seconds to 1 minute or until smooth and creamy, adding more milk if needed.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a 1-qt. container and store in the freezer up to 1 week.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.