- 1 cup dry polenta
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained (1½ cups)
- 1 cup purchased pico de gallo
- 1 small avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- In a medium saucepan bring 4 cups water to boiling. Gradually whisk in polenta and cumin. Reduce heat to low; cook about 20 minutes or until mixture is thick and creamy, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat. Season with salt.
- In a small saucepan warm beans over low heat. Divide polenta among four individual bowls. Top with beans, pico de gallo, avocado, cilantro, and jalapeño (if using).
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.