- Ready In:
- Makes 10-12 Pancakes
Banana Pancakes are a favorite breakfast in our home. They are easy to make, and everyone loves them! They’re wonderful served with a little maple syrup or applesauce. Notice that I just put the egg replacer dry into the flour mixture. I read somewhere that you could do this, so I tried it and noticed no difference in the pancakes’ texture or fluffiness. Doing so eliminates an extra step, which makes prep time even shorter.
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon egg replacer
- 2 bananas, mashed (¾−1 cup)
- 1½ cups unsweetened, unflavored plant milk
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (optional)
- Place the flour, baking powder, salt, and egg replacer in a bowl and mix. Place the bananas in another bowl and mash well. Stir in the plant milk and sparkling water and mix again. Pour into the dry ingredients, and stir to combine, being careful not to overmix.
- Heat a nonstick griddle over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of the batter onto the dry, heated griddle, and flatten it a bit with the bottom of your measuring cup. Flip when the bubbles start to appear and pancake edges start to turn golden. Cook until brown on both sides. Repeat until all batter has been used.
- Serve hot topped with the blueberries, or refrigerate or freeze the pancakes.
Consistency: For a slightly thinner pancake (or if you let your batter sit too long before using it), thin the batter with a little more plant milk before pouring it onto the griddle. If you prefer a thicker pancake, mix in just ½ cup of the sparkling water; then add more sparkling water as needed to achieve your desired consistency.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.