This polenta crostini recipe is one of my go-tos for quick and filling appetizer or snack. It is very easy to make, and a great reason to keep premade, tube-style polenta on hand, which I always do.
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. To make Polenta Crostini, slice the polenta on the bias into ½-inch thick slices. Arrange the polenta slices on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until light brown around the edges.
3. In a bowl, mix together the tomato, onion, and basil; set aside.
4. To make Chickpea Pesto, combine the chickpeas, basil, garlic, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste into the bowl of a food processor and pulse into a smooth, spreadable texture.
5. To serve, spread pesto over each polenta slice, then top with tomato mixture. Serve immediately.
Photo by LA Food Photography