- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Serves 4-6
This is another great meal because if I don’t have one ingredient, I know there’s an easy substitute in my fridge. This soup has changed over the years. Below is my current version. I serve this with warm bread and a simple salad or sautéed broccolini with a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2-15 ounce cans white cannellini or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can fire roasted red tomatoes
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup whole wheat small elbow macaroni, uncooked
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add ¼ cup broth and saute onion and carrot on medium-high heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining broth and water to large saucepan. Add beans and tomatoes.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- With a bean masher or a hand held blender push through the soup to create a thicker consistency, about 10 mashes or blends.
- Add pasta, cook for 2 minutes. Add the kale and cook for about 5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.