- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 to 5 cups
Originating in Spain, gazpacho is a chilled soup that combines raw veggies with fresh herbs and spices. Perfect for a warm summer afternoon, this version is infused with a hint of sweetness thanks to the juicy apples and crisp cucumbers that help form the base. Yellow heirloom tomatoes lend it a beautiful golden hue, but any color of ripe summer tomato will taste great. Add a few splashes of Tabasco sauce to turn up the heat and then enjoy this bowl of liquid gold!
By Darshana Thacker,
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 English or 2 Persian cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped (1¾ cups)
- 1 lb. yellow heirloom tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 2-inch-thick wedge yellow onion
- 1 fresh Anaheim chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Thinly slice enough apple for garnish; toss slices in lemon juice. Chop remaining apples. Finely chop two of the mint leaves.
- In a blender or food processor combine chopped apples, the remaining eight mint leaves, and the next six ingredients (through vinegar). Blend until smooth. Season to taste with Tabasco sauce (if desired) and salt.
- Transfer soup to an airtight container; cover. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish soup with sliced apple, additional mint leaves, and black pepper.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.