- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 9 cups
- print/save recipe
Smoked paprika gives this slow cooker split pea soup its classic smoky flavor that traditionally comes from a ham bone. Packed with flavorful veggies, this vegan version is creamy, comforting, and incredibly easy to make. Just prep ingredients the night before, fill your slow cooker in the morning, and come home at dinnertime for a fragrant, delicious meal!
- 32-oz. container low-sodium vegetable broth
- 16 oz. dry green split peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cored and chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker combine vegetable broth and 3 cups of water. Add the next seven ingredients (through red pepper flakes); mix well.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours (or high 4 to 5 hours). Stir in vinegar. Season with salt and black pepper.