- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 10 Cups
- print/save recipe
This hearty soup not only tastes great, but it’s easy to make!
- 1½ pounds Yukon gold potatoes (2 to 3 large), cut into chunks (skin on or off)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon no-salt poultry seasoning
- 1½ pounds broccoli (1 to 2 heads), coarsely chopped
- 3 large leaves Swiss chard, ends trimmed and coarsely chopped
- Combine the potatoes, onion, coriander, granulated garlic and onion, poultry seasoning, and 6 cups water in a large soup pot, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and add the broccoli. Cook covered for about 10 minutes, until the potatoes and broccoli are tender (stirring occasionally). Stir in the chard and cook for 5 minutes more. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Blend the soup right in the pot using an immersion blender, until the soup is fairly smooth but still has some small chunks. (If you don’t have an immersion blender, ladle batches of the soup into a standard blender and process gently before returning to the pot.) Serve immediately.