- Ready In:
- Makes 8 Pieces
We adore this as an appetizer, and so does everyone else. It is always the first empty platter at our holiday party. No one knows it is plant-based; they just know it is so yummy.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 loaf fresh 100% whole-grain bread, sliced
- ½ cup Cannellini Bean Sauce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- balsamic glaze
- Place the kale leaves in a large pot of boiling water. Cover and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander, then squeeze out any extra liquid with your hands (you don’t want soggy bread).
- Toast 8 pieces of bread, and place them on a handsome serving platter.
- Spread a tablespoon of the Cannellini Bean Sauce on the toasted bread, then cover with a layer of kale and top with a scattering of grape tomatoes. Drizzle generously with the balsamic glaze, and grab one for yourself before they all disappear.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.