- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 1 Glass
- print/save recipe
Sweet, creamy, and nutty flavors combine to form this delicious almond milk. You'll get the best results if you use a great quality vanilla bean and soak your almonds overnight.
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 3 dates
- 2 cups filtered water, plus more for soaking
- 2” piece vanilla bean
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- Soak almonds in enough filtered water to cover overnight or for at least 2 hours. In a separate bowl, soak the dates in enough filtered water to cover for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard the water from the almonds, and place almonds in the Vitamix or high-powered blender.
- Drain and discard the water from the dates, remove pits, and throw dates into the blender.
- Add 2 cups of filtered water to the blender.
- Blend on high for 1 minute.
- To open the vanilla bean, slice lengthwise. Scrape out the insides and add to blender. Add a pinch of sea salt. Blend again on high for 30 seconds.
- Pour through a cheesecloth or strainer into a glass bottle.
- Reserve the pulp and freeze for later use in baked goods or blends. Enjoy!