- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Serves 4
- print/save recipe
Roasted red potatoes and cabbage are equal parts healthy and comforting. To make this easy side dish, generous wedges of lemon- and oregano-spiked cabbage and red potatoes get roasted in the oven and then drizzled with a creamy homemade Cilantro-Cashew Dressing.
- 1 medium head cabbage (2 pounds)
- 1½ pounds round red potatoes, cut into ¾-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- ½ cup Cilantro-Cashew Dressing
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped fresh cilantro
- Bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pour ½ cup water into a 3-quart baking dish.
- Trim cabbage, leaving core intact. Cut cabbage lengthwise into 1-inch wedges. Arrange cabbage and potatoes in the prepared dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice, oregano, chili powder, and black pepper.
- Bake, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes more or until lightly browned. Season with salt.
- Drizzle with Cilantro-Cashew Dressing. Sprinkle with cilantro. If desired, serve with hot pepper sauce.