- Ready In:
- Serves 4
This creamy, golden vegan gravy recipe takes just minutes to put together. Sometimes my boys eat just a bowl of mashed potatoes and gravy for a snack. For dinner, we serve this dish with sautéed broccolini or green beans. Hot tip: The gravy can be made ahead and refrigerated. It will thicken slightly more as it chills. To reheat, place in a saucepan, add a small amount of water, whisk to combine, and then heat slowly, stirring occasionally.
IngredientsFor the Creamy Golden Gravy
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup unsweetened, unflavored plant milk
- Several twists of freshly ground white pepper
- Dash of sea salt
- To make the gravy, place all ingredients except the pepper in a small saucepan. Stir well to mix. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth and thick. Season with pepper to taste. Serve at once.
- To make the Garlic Mashed Potatoes, peel the potatoes and chop into chunks. Place in a stainless pan with water to cover.
- Add the whole garlic cloves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Mash in the pan, using electric beaters or a hand masher, adding the remaining ingredients as necessary to get a smooth consistency and a delicious flavor.
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get delicious recipes, expert health advice, culinary tips and
special offers from Forks Over Knives and our curated partners.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.