- Ready In:
- Serves 4
This creamy, golden vegan gravy recipe takes just minutes to put together. Sometimes my boys eat just a bowl of mashed potatoes and gravy for a snack. For dinner, we serve this dish with sautéed broccolini or green beans. Hot tip: The gravy can be made ahead and refrigerated. It will thicken slightly more as it chills. To reheat, place in a saucepan, add a small amount of water, whisk to combine, and then heat slowly, stirring occasionally.
IngredientsFor the Creamy Golden Gravy
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup unsweetened, unflavored plant milk
- Several twists of freshly ground white pepper
- Dash of sea salt
- To make the gravy, place all ingredients except the pepper in a small saucepan. Stir well to mix. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth and thick. Season with pepper to taste. Serve at once.
- To make the Garlic Mashed Potatoes, peel the potatoes and chop into chunks. Place in a stainless pan with water to cover.
- Add the whole garlic cloves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Mash in the pan, using an immersion blender, electric beaters, or a hand masher, adding the remaining ingredients as necessary to get a smooth consistency and a delicious flavor.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
7 Keys to Success on a Healthy Vegan Diet
Getting started on a plant-based diet or looking to refresh your eating habits? Download our practical guide to long-term success.