- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 1 board
- print/save recipe
Serve this informal salad board as an appetizer at your next Mediterranean feast or anytime you’re craving a healthy no-fuss dinner that you can eat with your hands. Opt for the freshest produce you can find, and feel free to swap in whatever vegetables are currently in season near you. To really dial up the fresh factor, make your own pita bread and oil-free hummus to serve alongside the veggies. Green Goddess Dip also pairs well with this platter.
- 4 small roma tomatoes, quartered
- 4 mini bell peppers, halved and seeded
- ½ of an English cucumber, thinly sliced (1½ cups)
- 1 cup oil-free hummus
- ½ cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup slivered red onion
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 whole wheat pita bread rounds, warmed and cut into wedges
- Lemon wedges
- Arrange the first seven ingredients (through pine nuts) on board. Sprinkle with oregano and black pepper. Serve with pita and lemon wedges.