- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 2 cups
- print/save recipe
Collard greens sautéed in clarified butter and spices is a classic Ethiopian side dish. Our plant-based riff is free of added fat and brings Swiss chard into the mix for extra leafy green goodness. The rich aromas of coriander, cumin, and cardamom infuse the greens with an undeniably delicious flavor, and a splash of plant-based milk adds a subtle creaminess. Serve these eye-catching Ethiopian collard greens with a hearty stew and a slice of crusty whole wheat bread, and you’ve got an East African feast ready to be devoured.
For more vegan Ethiopian recipes, check out these tasty ideas:
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup unsweetened, unflavored plant-based milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch ground cardamom
- 1 bunch collard greens, stems removed and leaves chopped (4 cups)
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, chopped (6 cups)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add milk, coriander, cumin, and cardamom; cook and stir 1 minute. Add collard greens; cook 10 minutes or until greens are wilted, stirring frequently.
- Add Swiss chard; cook 10 minutes or until all greens are wilted and tender, stirring frequently. Season with salt.