- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 6 cups
- print/save recipe
Fettuccine Alfredo has never been the healthiest pasta choice...until now. In this version, a blended white bean sauce is used instead of cream, dried tomatoes take the place of bacon, and fresh sugar snap peas add more crunch and flavor than petite green peas.
- 8 oz. dry whole wheat fettuccine
- 8 oz. sugar snap peas, halved
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (1½ cups)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ⅓ cup ready-to-eat sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions for al dente, adding peas the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving ¾ cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor combine beans, garlic, nutritional yeast, and almond butter. Process until smooth. Add the reserved cooking liquid; process until smooth.
- Return pasta and peas to the pot. Stir in bean sauce and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.