- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 8 cups
- Print/save recipe
Get dinner on the table in a flash with these super quick five-ingredient Asian noodle bowls. Chewy brown rice noodles are slathered in a savory ginger-garlic sauce and tossed with steamed veggies to create a quick and easy meal that’s healthy and hearty. Our recipe calls for an Asian stir-fry blend of frozen vegetables, but it can easily be adapted to accommodate any fresh or frozen vegetables you have on hand. Just adjust the steaming time accordingly, and toss them in. These saucy noodles keep well in the fridge and taste great hot or cold, so you might want to make a big batch to munch on during busy weeks.
Tip: To make this dish gluten-free, use tamari in place of soy sauce.
For more Asian noodle recipes, check out these tasty ideas:
- 1 8-oz. package dry brown rice noodles
- 4½ teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 16-oz. package frozen Asian stir-fry vegetable blend
- In a large saucepan cook noodles according to package directions. Reserve 2 cups cooking water. Drain noodles.
- Wipe out saucepan. Add 1½ cups of the reserved cooking water, the soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Bring to boiling. Add vegetable blend. Cover and steam 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add noodles to pan; heat through, tossing with tongs to combine.