- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 cups
This strawberry-chocolate nice cream (plant-based ice cream made with frozen bananas) is as pretty as it is delicious. Dark chocolate chunks make the healthy dessert taste especially decadent.
If you’re a fan of the strawberry-chocolate flavor combo, try our Strawberry-Chocolate Ice Cream Cupcakes.
By Nancy Macklin,
- 4 medium bananas, peeled, frozen at least 2 hours, and cut into 1-inch chunks (3 cups)
- 8 ounces frozen strawberries (2⅓ cups)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (optional)
- Dash sea salt
- 1 ounce unsweetened dark chocolate, chopped
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- In a food processor combine frozen bananas, frozen strawberries, maple syrup (if using), and salt. Cover and process until smooth and creamy, stopping processor a few times to scrape down sides. Stir in chocolate.
- Serve immediately for soft-serve, or for a firmer ice cream, transfer mixture to an airtight freezer-safe container. Freeze 1 to 2 hours. If desired, garnish with mint leaves.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.