- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 1 quart
Lemon pulp and zest give this sorbet-like dessert a zing without making the base too watery. For best results, choose bananas that aren’t too ripe so their flavor doesn’t compete with the lemony flavor.
Get the scoop on what makes for great nice cream and find more recipes in our Beginner’s Guide to Nice Cream.
- 1 lemon, zested and halved, plus more lemon juice if needed
- 3 cups frozen banana pieces (3 large bananas)
- 1 cup frozen sliced or halved strawberries
- Place 2 tsp. lemon zest in a high-speed blender or food processor. Scoop pulp out of each lemon half (the way you would eat a grapefruit) and add to the zest with banana pieces and strawberries. Pulse on low to medium-low until crumbly, stopping and scraping down sides once or twice. Blend continuously 30 seconds to 1 minute or until smooth and creamy, adding more lemon juice if needed.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a 1-qt. container and store in the freezer up to 1 week.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.