- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 1 tart
- print/save recipe
This picturesque pumpkin tart is worthy of a holiday-dinner finale. A touch of maple syrup in the tart and in the whipped topping yields a sweet autumn flavor, which the crunchy, mildly nutty homemade oat crust complements.
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsalted almond butter
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk, such as almond, soy, cashew, or rice; divided
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin
- ⅓ cup chopped pitted whole dates
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Aquafaba Whipped Cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. For crust, in a food processor combine oats, 3 Tbsp. of the flaxseed meal, and the almond butter. Cover and pulse until mixed. With processor running, slowly add 2 to 4 Tbsp. milk until mixture starts to cling together and is slightly moistened. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- For filling, combine the remaining 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal with ¼ cup water; let stand 5 minutes. Add to food processor with pumpkin, ¾ cup milk, the dates, maple syrup, arrowroot, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt. Cover and process until smooth. Spread filling into crust.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes. Chill 2 to 8 hours. Remove sides of tart pan. If desired, serve tart with Aquafaba Cream.