- Ready In:
- Makes 8 Parfait Cups
This is one of the easiest Thanksgiving desserts that I have ever made. It blends the spices in the pumpkin with vanilla cream very well. I love that it tastes so delicious and yet doesn’t require any cooking except for toasting the pecans. Make and assemble it a day in advance, and it will be ready to serve instantly whenever needed.
By Darshana Thacker,
IngredientsFor the Cashew Vanilla Cream:
- 1 cup cashews
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pecans or walnuts
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pumpkin puree (3 cups)
- 1½ cups date paste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- To make the Cashew Vanilla Cream, soak the cashews in 1 cup water for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain the water, and add the cashews, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a blender. Blend until creamy. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to assemble.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Spread the pecans or walnuts on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Crush the nuts into smaller bits.
- To make the pumpkin pudding, place the pumpkin, date paste, cinnamon, and allspice in a food processor, and blend into a paste. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Pour the pumpkin pudding evenly into 8 parfait cups, top each with some cashew cream, and sprinkle with the toasted nuts.
- Refrigerate the parfait for at least an hour before serving.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.