- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 3 cups
- print/save recipe
Enjoy your favorite fall flavors with this simple and refreshing pumpkin ice cream that’s totally vegan. Even though tofu might not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of ice cream, it makes this recipe lusciously creamy and perfectly scoopable. Top a bowl of this frozen dessert with some Aquafaba Whipped Cream, crushed walnuts, and an extra drizzle of maple syrup.
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pitted whole dates
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin
- 1 14-oz. package firm, light silken-style tofu
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan bring maple syrup and dates just to boiling. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor combine date mixture and the remaining ingredients. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
- Freeze chilled mixture in a 1½- or 2-quart ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions. Serve immediately for a soft-serve ice cream or freeze at least 2 hours for a scoopable ice cream.