- Prep-time: / Ready In:
These tasty vegan Deviled Potato Sandwiches are ideal for lunches, and they’re good enough to serve a crowd at a party—simply cut each sandwich into smaller triangles. Think of them as a very tasty vegan variation on egg salad sandwiches. The addition of black salt (optional) adds a bit of sulfuric aroma that’s reminiscent of hard-boiled eggs.
Recipe from Forks Over Knives Family
By Darshana Thacker,
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato (about ¾ pound), peeled and cut into 1½-inch pieces
- ½ cup unsweetened, unflavored plant milk, such as almond, soy, cashew, or rice, or water
- ¼ teaspoon yellow mustard
- Dash ground turmeric
- Dash black salt (optional)
- 1 14-ounce can hearts of palm, drained and finely chopped (about 1¼ cups)
- 1 small celery stalk, finely chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 1 scallion, white and green parts, thinly sliced (about ¼ cup)
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- 9 lettuce leaves (optional)
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced (optional)
- 18 slices whole-wheat bread
- Place potato pieces in a steamer basket in a large saucepan. Add water to saucepan to just below basket. Bring to boiling. Steam, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until very tender. Remove potato; cool.
- In a blender combine potato, milk, mustard, turmeric, and black salt, if desired. Cover and pulse until smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Stir in hearts of palm, celery, and scallion. Season with sea salt and white pepper.
- Layer potato mixture and, if desired, lettuce and tomatoes between bread slices. Serve immediately, or wrap in waxed paper or plastic wrap and store in refrigerator up to 2 days.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.