- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 10 to 12 tacos
- print/save recipe
The cornerstone of every Blue Zones diet in the world? Beans. There are at least 70 varieties of beans to choose from and an infinite number of ways to prepare them. Here’s one delicious recipe to spark your bean-spiration.
Recipe adapted from Blue Zones.
- 2 mangos, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt to taste
- 10 to 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Mango salsa and/or choice of hot sauce
- Place mango, red onion, red bell pepper, lime juice, chopped cilantro, avocado, black beans in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Add a few generous pinches of salt. Taste and adjust seasoning. Chill until ready to use.
- Char (or warm) your tortillas. Place about ½ cup of the filling in the center of each tortilla. Fold and serve with salsa and/or hot sauce.