- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 1 loaf
- print/save recipe
This nourishing banana bread features the world’s tiniest whole grain, teff. Teff is a seed with a subtly sweet, nutty flavor. Look for it in flour form, or buy the whole seeds and grind them in a blender or food processor to make nourishing gluten-free flour.
- 2 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup unsweetened, unflavored plant milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup teff flour
- 2 tablespoons pure cane sugar
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon regular or sodium-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 10 to 15 raisins, soaked and drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x4-inch nonstick or silicone loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mash bananas with a fork. Stir in milk, vinegar, and vanilla until well mixed. In another bowl stir together the next seven ingredients (through salt). Add milk mixture to flour mixture; gently fold until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle raisins on top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let loaf cool completely before slicing.