- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 bowls
- print/save recipe
Chocolate and pears are a match made in heaven. Here, quinoa helps meld the two together in decadent-tasting breakfast bowls, which also work as a dessert when chilled. Use any type of pear in this low-maintenance dish. To avoid watery results, be sure to drain the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer after cooking.
- 1½ cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 cups plant-based milk, for serving
- 2 large pears, peeled and sliced
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Drain, and stir in cocoa powder and maple syrup while hot. Let stand 5 minutes to develop the flavors.
- Serve warm with milk and sliced pears for breakfast. If serving as a dessert: Stir the milk into the hot quinoa then chill; add sliced pears just before serving.