My mom has been making a version of this lasagna for years. It is now a favorite of my boys. I serve this with My Caesar Salad from The Starch Solution and a loaf of warm French bread with roasted garlic.
IngredientsFor the Tofu Ricotta:
- 1 (12.3-ounce) package silken tofu
- 1 pound fresh water-packed firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup soy milk
- 1 recipe Tofu Ricotta
- 1−2 pounds fresh spinach, lightly steamed
- 8 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles
- 7 cups fat-free pasta sauce
- ¼ cup soy parmesan or Parma vegan parmesan
- To make the ricotta, combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until fairly smooth. Place into a large bowl, and set aside.
- To make the spinach, steam at least 1 pound of fresh spinach (2 if you really like spinach) for about a minute or two, just until slightly wilted.
- Drain well, then either mix the spinach into the ricotta or layer the spinach over it when assembling the lasagna.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce over the bottom of the baking dish. Then cover the sauce with a layer of noodles. Next, spread half of the ricotta mixture (and half of the spinach if not mixed into the ricotta) over the noodles, and top with 2 more cups of the sauce. Add another layer of noodles, the rest of the tofu mixture (and spinach if separate), 2 cups more of the sauce, and the rest of the noodles. Spoon the remaining 2 cups of sauce over the noodles (make sure you cover all the edges), and sprinkle some parmesan over the top. Cover with parchment paper and then with foil.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 30 minutes before cutting.
- Note: This recipe may be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated. Add about 15 minutes to the baking time.
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get delicious recipes, expert health advice, culinary tips and
special offers from Forks Over Knives and our curated partners.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.