My mom has been making a version of this lasagna for years. It is now a favorite of my boys. I serve this with My Caesar Salad from The Starch Solution and a loaf of warm French bread with roasted garlic.
IngredientsFor the Tofu Ricotta:
- 1 (12.3-ounce) package silken tofu
- 1 pound fresh water-packed firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup soy milk
- 1 recipe Tofu Ricotta
- 1−2 pounds fresh spinach, lightly steamed
- 8 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles
- 7 cups fat-free pasta sauce
- ¼ cup soy parmesan or Parma vegan parmesan
- To make the ricotta, combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until fairly smooth. Place into a large bowl, and set aside.
- To make the spinach, steam at least 1 pound of fresh spinach (2 if you really like spinach) for about a minute or two, just until slightly wilted.
- Drain well, then either mix the spinach into the ricotta or layer the spinach over it when assembling the lasagna.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce over the bottom of the baking dish. Then cover the sauce with a layer of noodles. Next, spread half of the ricotta mixture (and half of the spinach if not mixed into the ricotta) over the noodles, and top with 2 more cups of the sauce. Add another layer of noodles, the rest of the tofu mixture (and spinach if separate), 2 cups more of the sauce, and the rest of the noodles. Spoon the remaining 2 cups of sauce over the noodles (make sure you cover all the edges), and sprinkle some parmesan over the top. Cover with parchment paper and then with foil.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 30 minutes before cutting.
- Note: This recipe may be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated. Add about 15 minutes to the baking time.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
7 Keys to Success on a Healthy Vegan Diet
Getting started on a plant-based diet or looking to refresh your eating habits? Download our practical guide to long-term success.