- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 tostadas
- print/save recipe
Get out a knife and fork to enjoy these loaded Southwest-inspired vegan tostadas. They’re as quick and easy as they are crunchy and delicious.
- 4 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 15-oz. can no-salt-added pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup refrigerated fresh salsa
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper or chili powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ of a medium avocado, seeded and peeled
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened plant milk, such as almond, soy, cashew, or rice
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place tortillas directly on middle oven rack. Bake 5 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
- In a small bowl mash beans with a fork. Stir in salsa, cumin, and ground chipotle pepper. Season with salt and black pepper. In another small bowl mash avocado. Whisk in milk until smooth.
- Spread tortillas with bean mixture. Top with lettuce, cabbage, tomato, and scallions; drizzle with avocado mixture. Serve with lime wedges.