- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 tofu waffles + 4 cups salad
- print/save recipe
Extra-firm tofu gets crispy on the outside and stays tender on the inside when cooked in a waffle maker for this creative twist on your traditional stir-fry. Top it off with a refreshing mix of raw cabbage, cucumber, bell pepper, and kasha (a type of buckwheat with an earthy, nutty flavor). Pair this dish with a side of soba noodle salad or chilled peanut noodles for a Japanese-inspired feast!
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons white miso
- 1½ tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 14-oz. package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 4 slabs
- 2 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 cup cooked kasha
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions
- ½ cup diced red or orange bell pepper
- For tofu, in a medium bowl whisk together vinegar, miso, maple syrup, and ¼ cup water. Pour ¼ cup of the marinade into a baking dish. Add tofu slabs, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- For salad, in a medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Add the remaining ¼ cup marinade; toss to coat.
- Preheat waffle maker according to manufacturer’s directions, using medium-high setting if available. Place tofu slices on heated grates. Close and lock lid; cook 5 to 8 minutes or until browned and crispy.