- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 flatbreads
- print/save recipe
Baba ghanoush, made with tahini, blended eggplant, and mashed chickpeas, can serve as a delicious, creamy sauce for flatbreads. Quick-pickled veggies add color, crunch, and tang. Be sure to drain off any excess liquid before adding the pickles.
- 1 recipe Homemade Oil-Free Pizza Dough
- ½ cup matchstick-cut cucumber
- ½ cup matchstick-cut carrot
- ¼ cup matchstick-cut radishes
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon pure cane sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small eggplant (12 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup no-salt-added canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly sprinkle a large baking sheet with cornmeal.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll portions into 7- to 8-inch circles or 10×5-inch ovals. Transfer flatbreads to prepared pan. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned and set (flatbreads may puff). Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. For quick pickles, in a small bowl combine the next six ingredients (through salt). Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, line a large baking sheet with foil. Prick eggplant with a fork. Place on prepared pan. Roast 30 minutes or until very soft and skin is charred. Cool until easy to handle.
- Cut eggplant in half; scoop out flesh and place in a food processor. Discard skin. Add the next five ingredients (through garlic); cover and pulse until nearly smooth. In a small bowl coarsely mash the chickpeas. Stir in eggplant mixture. Season with additional salt to taste.
- Spread eggplant mixture on flatbreads. Top with quick pickles. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper and additional parsley.