This is one of the easiest Thanksgiving desserts that I have ever made. It blends the spices in the pumpkin with vanilla cream very well. I love that it tastes so delicious and yet doesn’t require any cooking except for toasting the pecans. Make and assemble it a day in advance, and it will be ready to serve instantly whenever needed.
1. To make the Cashew Vanilla Cream, soak the cashews in 1 cup water for at least 30 minutes.
2. Drain the water, and add the cashews, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a blender. Blend until creamy. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to assemble.
3. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Spread the pecans or walnuts on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 10 to15 minutes. Let cool.
4. Crush the nuts into smaller bits.
5. To make the pumpkin pudding, place the pumpkin, date paste, cinnamon, and allspice in a food processor, and blend into a paste. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
6. Pour the pumpkin pudding evenly into 8 parfait cups, top each with some cashew cream, and sprinkle with the toasted nuts.
7. Refrigerate the parfait for at least an hour before serving.
Photo by LA Food Photography