Chocolate and raspberries have a natural affinity for each other, as is well showcased in this delicious dessert.
1. To make the raspberry cream, combine the raspberries and maple syrup in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until the raspberries start to break down, about 10 minutes.
2. Transfer the mixture to a blender. Add the tofu and lemon juice, and blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate the mixture until completely cool.
3. To make the chocolate cream, place the tofu, cocoa, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt in a blender. Purée until smooth and creamy.
4. To serve, fill six (6-ounce) parfait cups halfway with the chocolate cream. Fill the ramekins the remainder of the way with the raspberry cream.
5. Chill for 1 hour before serving. The chocolate and raspberry layers can be made separately 1 day ahead and then assembled to serve.
6. Just before serving, garnish each ramekin with a few of the fresh raspberries.
Photo by Keepin’ It Kind