- 3 bell peppers (red, orange, and/or green), cored and cut into ½-inch dice (3 cups)
- 1 medium onion, cut into ¼-inch dice (2 cups)
- 3 celery stalks, cut into ½-inch dice (1½ cups)
- 2 medium carrots, roughly chopped into ¼-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes (3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons salt-free chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (4½ cups)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- ⅓ teaspoon sea salt
- In a large saucepan or pot over medium heat, combine the bell peppers, onion, celery, carrots, garlic, cumin, and oregano. Cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, as needed to prevent vegetables from sticking to the pan.
- Add the tomatoes, chili powder, paprika, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat; then reduce heat to a simmer, cover pot, and cook 10 minutes more.
- Add the beans, corn, vinegar, lemon juice, half of the cilantro, and the salt. Cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the chili thickens.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro and serve hot.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.