- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 cups
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 8 cups assorted spring greens (spinach, arugula, baby chard, and/or baby kale)
- 1 medium cucumber (9 to 10 oz.), halved, seeded, and chopped
- ½ of an avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup very thin radish matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup unflavored plant milk, such as almond, soy, cashew, or rice
- Crispbread crackers (optional)
- In a small heatproof bowl place peas and enough boiling water to cover. Let stand 1 minute; drain well. In a blender combine peas, spring greens, cucumber, avocado, the lemon juice, and broth. Cover and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Season with pepper. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- For gremolata, in a small bowl combine parsley, radishes, chives, and the lemon zest. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Before serving, stir milk into soup. Top servings with gremolata. Serve with crackers.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.