- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 8½ cups
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ cup dry red quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 teaspoons packed pure cane brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted pistachios
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- In a large saucepan bring broth to boiling; stir in quinoa, carrots, celery, and onion. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 15 minutes. Stir in the next six ingredients (through pepper). Cover; simmer 5 minutes more or until rhubarb is tender.
- Just before serving, stir spinach into soup. Top with pistachios and chives.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.