- Prep-time: / Cook Time:
- Serves 4
This delicious Thai stew is a perfect dinner to serve to last-minute guests, but don’t only save it for them—this will hit the spot anytime you’re in the mood for Thai. The stew tastes great served over brown rice.
Find this Thai stew recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
By Del Sroufe,
- 1½ cups unflavored soy or rice milk
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste (see note), or to taste
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 serrano chile, minced (for less heat, remove the seeds)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock, or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 cups mixed vegetables of your choice, such as edamame, water chestnuts, carrots, broccoli florets, or sugar snap peas
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced mint
- Mix the soy or rice milk, arrowroot powder, and coconut extract. Set aside.
- Place the onion in a large saucepan and sauté over medium-high heat for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the onion is tender and starting to brown. Add water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time to keep the onion from sticking to the pan.
- Add the garlic, ginger, curry paste, lime zest and juice, and serrano chile and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the soy sauce, soy/rice milk mixture, vegetable stock, and mixed vegetables, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the cilantro and mint and serve.
Note: Thai Kitchen’s Red Curry Paste is widely available, and recommended, but any vegan curry paste will suit.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.