- Ready In:
- Makes 6 Cups
- ½ cup cashews, soaked in 1 cup of water at least 30 minutes
- 6 Yukon Gold Potatoes, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- ½ head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 bunch kale (about 10 leaves)
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- First, make sure your cashews are soaking in water. The longer they soak, the creamier the dish will be.
- Place the potatoes and 2 cups of water in a large pot. Cover and bring to a boil, then add the onion and carrot. Reduce the heat to medium-low-medium and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower, curry powder, cumin, and coriander, and continue cooking, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, transfer the cashews and their soaking water to a blender. Blend until smooth, then stir the cashew cream into the pot.
- Add the kale, peas, and garbanzo beans, and simmer for 5 minutes more, or until the potatoes are completely cooked and the kale is tender.
Note: If you want a more soupy consistency, then feel free to add extra water while cooking. If you want it creamier and richer, then you can double the amount of cashews.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.