- Ready In:
- Makes 3 servings
A prominent part of the Jordanian diet, the chickpea (or garbanzo bean) is one of the major food legume crops in Jordan. Though they appear in a variety of entrées and side dishes such as stews or hummus, in this recipe, chickpeas are seasoned and roasted to eat as a fun snack.
From the Master Plants Cookbook.
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas (or a 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained)
- ½ tablespoon organic garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon organic onion powder
- 1 dash freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash ground turmeric
- Pinch of paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine all ingredients except for the chickpeas in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Place the chickpeas in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle some of the spice mixture over the chickpeas, reserving some to sprinkle over when turning the chickpeas. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the chickpeas are lightly browned.
- Shake the baking sheet gently to turn the chickpeas over. Sprinkle with the remaining spice mixture and continue baking for 15 minutes more. Serve.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.