- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced small
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 tablespoons basil, minced
- 2 tablespoons oregano, minced
- One 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, pureed
- Salt to taste
- Place the onions in a large saucepan and sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time to keep them from sticking to the pan.
- Add the garlic, basil, and oregano and cook for another 3 minutes. Add the pureed tomatoes and salt and cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 25 minutes.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.