- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes about 14 cups
- print/save recipe
When I was a kid, I would only eat my mom and grandmother’s potato salad – I refused to eat potato salad from the grocery store. This vegan potato salad recipe is my favorite, try it and find out why!
- 8 medium red potatoes, scrubbed and chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) package firm or extra-firm silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup dill pickle relish
- 4 large stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and add cold water to cover. Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the potatoes until just tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain the potatoes in a colander and rinse them under cold water until cool.
- In a blender, combine the silken tofu, yellow mustard, Dijon mustard, garlic, lemon juice, and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, add the relish, and stir well to combine. Add the celery, onion, and potatoes and toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour. Taste and adjust seasoning before serving.
- Store the salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.