- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 6 cups
- print/save recipe
Shredded napa cabbage forms the base of this delicious and simple salad. The tender leaves are combined with crisp green beans, crunchy carrots, and salty peanuts before being tossed in a sweet ginger-soy dressing. Add a sprinkle of fresh cilantro for extra flavor, and dig in! Serve this recipe as a light lunch or as a refreshing side salad to a veggie burger feast.
- 3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 oz. fresh green beans, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1 cup 1-inch matchstick-cut carrots
- ½ cup thinly bias-sliced scallions
- ¼ cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- For dressing, combine the first six ingredients (through pepper).
- In a small saucepan bring 1 cup water to boiling. Add green beans; reduce heat and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Drain and run under cold water to stop cooking.
- In a large bowl combine beans, cabbage, carrots, scallions, and half of the peanuts and cilantro. Add dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve. Sprinkle with the remaining peanuts and cilantro.