- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 8 cups
- print/save recipe
This simple recipe packs a flavorful punch. Tender potatoes are tossed with fresh cucumber and crunchy bell peppers for a hearty side dish that also makes a tasty grab-and-go lunch. Warming cumin, zesty lime juice, and spicy jalapeño are added to the mix to create an Indian-inspired experience that will tempt your taste buds for a second helping. Top it off with some extra cilantro, and enjoy!
- 2 large russet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1½ cups coarsely chopped cucumber
- 1½ cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh jalapeño
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt, to taste
- Place potatoes in a steamer basket set in a large saucepan. Add water to saucepan to just below basket. Bring to boiling. Steam, covered, about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl; cool completely. Add the remaining ingredients; gently stir to mix. Cover and chill until ready to serve or up to 24 hours.