- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 8 cups
- 1½ cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup fresh English peas
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dry whole wheat couscous
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 cups packed baby greens
- 1 cup bias-sliced or ribbon-cut multicolor spring carrots
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- In a saucepan combine the first five ingredients (through cinnamon). Bring to boiling. Stir in couscous; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool.
- For dressing, in a bowl whisk together lemon juice, tahini, mustard, and 4 to 6 Tbsp. water to reach drizzling consistency. Stir in chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a large platter or in a straight-sided glass bowl layer the greens, couscous mixture, carrots, raisins, and walnuts. Drizzle with dressing.
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.