- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 8 cups
- print/save recipe
Cooked cauliflower and potatoes combine with canned pumpkin and cannellini beans for a hearty meal in this colorful Pumpkin Alfredo Casserole. Looking for more ways to incorporate pumpkin in the kitchen? Check out our Incredible Plant-Based Pumpkin Recipes roundup.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 8 oz. Yukon gold potatoes, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1¼ cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 15-oz. can no-salt-added cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- ½ to ¾ cup unsweetened plant milk, such as almond, soy, cashew, or rice
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 oz. dried whole wheat linguine
- 8 oz. thick asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 3 tablespoons raw unsalted cashews, toasted and finely ground
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium saucepan combine cauliflower, potatoes, onion, garlic, and broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 20 to 25 minutes or until very tender. Cool slightly (do not drain). Transfer mixture, in batches if needed, to a blender or food processor. Add beans, pumpkin, and sage. Cover and blend or process until smooth and creamy, adding as much of the milk as needed to reach desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions, adding asparagus and carrots the last 2 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Stir in pumpkin mixture.
- Spread mixture into a 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, covered, 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- In a small bowl combine cashews, yeast, and garlic powder. Sprinkle over linguine mixture. If desired, top with additional sage.