- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 8 slices
Pizza for dessert? That’s right! This healthy treat pairs jammy strawberries with a lightly sweetened cashew-cream sauce for a summertime snack that hits the spot. A sprinkle of fresh mint adds a pretty pop of contrasting color. Partially baking the crust before adding toppings ensures this fruity pizza stays crisp. Eat it with a fork or your fingers.
Tip: To soak cashews, place them in a small bowl; add enough boiling water to cover cashews. Cover bowl and let stand for 15 minutes; drain and rinse cashews. Store soaked cashews in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days or freeze up to 3 months.
By Nancy Macklin,
- ¼ cup raw cashews, soaked (see tip, recipe intro)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened, unflavored plant-based milk, such as almond, soy, cashew, or rice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whole wheat flour, for dusting
- 1 recipe Homemade Oil-Free Pizza Dough
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup low-sugar strawberry preserves
- Chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. In a small blender combine the first five ingredients (through vanilla). Cover and blend until smooth.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pizza dough into a 12-inch circle, allowing dough to rest as necessary during rolling if it won’t hold its shape. Place crust on prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Spread cashew sauce over warm crust. Arrange strawberries over sauce. In a small bowl microwave strawberry preserves about 30 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle, stirring once. Drizzle over strawberries.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes more or until the crust begins to brown. Let cool on the pan on a wire rack about 20 minutes. Cut into wedges; sprinkle with mint.
Discover finger-lickin’good food with our app
Get inspired! Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying.Get the recipe app
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.