- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 8 panna cotta
Panna cotta is usually made with gelatin, but this vegan version uses agar powder, a seaweed-derived alternative. Look for it in the baking aisle near the gelatin or at Asian markets. We love the combo of raspberries and chocolate, but any fresh berries you have on hand will work for this recipe.
By Darshana Thacker,
- 1½ cups pitted dates
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon agar powder (or 2 teaspoons agar flakes)
- 1 tablespoon + 1½ teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- In a blender combine dates, almond flour, agar powder, and 3 cups water. Cover and blend until creamy. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve; transfer strained mixture to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl whisk together arrowroot powder, vanilla, and ¼ cup water. Stir into almond flour mixture in the saucepan; cook 5 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Place a silicone muffin pan with at least eight molds on a baking sheet. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the panna cotta mixture into each of eight molds. (There will be some left in the saucepan.) Transfer baking sheet to the freezer; chill 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly set.
- Meanwhile, whisk cocoa powder into the remaining panna cotta mixture in saucepan until well blended. Remove baking sheet from freezer. Top evenly with chocolate mixture.
- Chill in the refrigerator 1 to 24 hours before serving. Invert mold and press to release panna cotta. If desired, dust with additional cocoa powder. Serve with fresh raspberries.
Learn how to cookplant-based meals at home
Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life.Join the course
Healthy eatingshouldn't be a hassle
With weekly meal plans, Forks Meal Planner takes the hard work out of making nutritious meals the whole family will enjoy.Get meal planner
Free 5-Day Meal Plan!
Get a taste for healthy, fuss-free meal planning with this free five-day meal plan from Forks Meal Planner!
More from Forks Over Knives
Join our mailing list
Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Thank you! You have been successfully subscribed.