- Prep-time: / Ready In:
- Makes 4 wraps
- print/save recipe
It’s easy being green with layers of crunch and flavor in these wraps that you can whip up in just 20 minutes. A thick slather of cilantro-studded chickpea spread binds fresh veggies together inside of soft whole wheat tortillas, making this the perfect grab-and-go lunch. Can’t find tomatillos or green tomatoes? Feel free to substitute regular red tomatoes or any other in-season produce that’s calling your name.
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 7-to 8-inch whole wheat tortillas, such as Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Tortillas
- 3 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium tomatillos or green tomatoes, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- ½ cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- For bean spread, in a small food processor or blender combine the first five ingredients (through crushed red pepper) and 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and process until smooth, adding water 1 tablespoon at a time as needed.
- Spread bean spread over tortillas. Top with the remaining ingredients. Roll up tortillas. If desired, cut wraps in half to serve.